Learn to Meditate Workshop
April 27 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm| Free
Do you want to get serious about learning to meditate?
In this 3-hour workshop, you’ll learn all about meditation and mindfulness and what it takes to get your meditation practice going.
It’s a program that’s ideal for any level —whether you are a beginning meditator, or want to get back on track with meditation and living a more mindful life.
It’s geared for adults of all ages!
Meditation and mindfulness can lead to more inner peace, creativity, inspiration, harmonious relationships, fulfillment, better health, increased self-awareness, and so much more. Each of us has our own reasons for wanting to learn to meditate, and whether it’s that you want to create mental, physical, or emotional balance, or be more spiritually connected, you’ll find this class will give you the tools you need.
The class also includes:
- An Introduction to Various Meditation Practices
- Discovering Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- Understanding the Effects of Stress: How It Accumulates & How to Release It
- Becoming Intimate with the Way Your Mind Works
- 3 Ways Meditation Changes Your Brain: Findings in Neuroplasticity
- 3 Ingredients for any Meditation Practice
- 5 Essentials for a Successful Meditation
- Easy to use Meditation Techniques Including Breath Awareness, Body Awareness, Self-Inquiry, & Silent Sound (Mantra) Meditation
- Discovering the Physical, Mental, Emotional & Self-Awareness Benefits of Meditation
- Recent Research Findings on Meditation
- How Meditation Relieves Stress
- How To Meditate Anywhere: Creating Your Own Personal Practice
- Peacefinder Practices: What to do When You are Stressed at Work
Cost- Pay it forward and BE THE CHANGE
Space is limited so please register at the bottom of this page. If you’re unable to attend please notify me that I can open up space for others who may be on a waitlist.
Is meditation experience necessary?
No, this workshop ideal if you have no experience with meditation. You’ll also get a lot out of it if you’ve dabbled in meditation but would like to learn more about.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
1. The free city parking lot, just off 12th St SE (just before the bridge that crosses the river between Inglewood and the Zoo). Going north on 12th St SE, turn right onto the driveway into the parking lot, the last turn right before the bridge.
2. There is a sign that says Rouge Restaurant parking. Lots of free unlimited spots in there. It is across from the city free parking on 12th St. you would turn left.
3. Free parking on 13th St SE. Going north off of 9th onto 13th St. you will see a crescent with the walking paths leading to the river. You can park there.
4. There is parking behind the Inglewood Credit Union (1328 9 Ave SE) that is free after 6:00 pm. There is a back ally to this off of 13 St SE or 12 St SE.
What can I bring to the workshop?
Wear something that is comfortable. You won’t need a meditation cushion as most people prefer to meditate in a chair.
For your comfort and warmth bring an indoor pair of shoes or slippers.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
or phone 403-510-4231.